What are Vascular Lesions?
Vascular lesion is the general term used to describe abnormally dilated or inflamed blood vessels, which are often visible through the surface of the skin. Vascular lesions are commonly found on the legs and face, and may present as:
- Varicose Veins: swollen, twisted veins that often bulge outward from the surface of the skin, and may be blue or purple in color. Typically found in the leg region, varicose veins result from increased pressure on the veins in the lower extremities, and diminishing vein elasticity, a condition which becomes worse over time and causes the venous valves to stretch and weaken. Pregnant women, and individuals whose professions require standing for extended periods of time, are more susceptible to the development varicose veins.
- Spider Veins: medically referred to as telangiectasia or venulectasias, spider veins are small, often intertwined groups of tiny blood vessels and capillaries just below the skin’s surface that appear as red, blue or purple vein patterns on the thighs, lower legs and face. They were given the moniker “spider veins” because they present in a pattern resembling that of a spider web or tree branch.
- Rosacea: this skin inflammation is associated with dilated blood vessels, redness, and acne. Rosacea symptoms can be exacerbated by any external factors contributing to dilation of the blood vessels (vasodilation), such as: caffeine, alcohol, extreme temperatures, sun exposure, heat, and spicy foods
Laser Vein Treatment
Although laser vein treatments are minimally invasive procedures, they require extensive knowledge of the complex vascular system, and should only be performed by an experienced, skillful physician such as Dr. Stephen Rath, owner and Medical Director of Fusion Medical Spa, located in Ruidoso, New Mexico. Dr. Rath specializes in laser-based aesthetic enhancement modalities, and has equipped Fusion Medical Spa with the Icon™ Aesthetic System, a next-generation workstation featuring the MaxG™ IPL (intense pulsed light) and 1064+™ Laser hand pieces, which have been optimized to minimize the appearance of vessels, vascular lesions, and pigmented lesions.
Benefits of having your vascular lesions treated with the Icon’s™ state-of-the-art laser system include:
- Beams of high-intensity light penetrate deep into the skin tissue, effectively targeting and treating vascular lesions without damaging the adjacent tissues
- The MaxG IPL™ employs a unique combination of dual-band filters and Dynamic Spectrum ShiftingSM, which uniformly heats the entire diameter of larger vessels, producing superior closure of the larger, deeper facial vessels
- The MaxG™ hand piece provides enhanced vessel and pigment clearance and produces results that surpass those of single-wavelength lasers
- The 1064+ Laser™ hand piece comfortably clears a variety of vascular lesions on the legs, including: small, red spider veins; larger, blue varicose veins; and other unsightly vascular irregularities
- The Icon’s patented Advanced Contact CoolingTM system protects and cools the skin, facilitating a relatively pain-free, no-downtime vascular treatment
- Patients can return to their regular activities immediately after their vein treatment session concludes
The Fusion Medical Spa vein treatments can safely be performed on most skin types, and produce immediate improvements in the appearance of vascular lesions after a single session. The total number of treatments will depend upon the depth and severity of the vascular lesions, as well as the size of the treatment area; however, most patients are able to achieve optimal results with 1-3 treatments.
Contact Fusion Medical Spa
Dr. Rath understands the importance of individual customization when performing aesthetic enhancement treatments in a medical spa setting. He eschews the “cookie cutter” approach adopted by many med spas, and instead takes the necessary time to listen to your specific cosmetic and health-related goals before creating a treatment plan designed to safely and effectively fulfill those objectives.
Dr. Rath and his professionally trained staff have worked hard to create a warm, welcoming office environment, where you will feel comfortable and relaxed throughout your vein treatment experience. If you are interested in learning more about the laser vein treatment options offered at Fusion Medical Spa, please contact our office today. We look forward to speaking with you and to scheduling your initial consultation with Dr. Rath.